Welcome to Brookville
Brookville is a charming historical town that was founded as the Jefferson County Seat in 1830. The town was built on strong work ethics in the areas of lumbering and manufacturing.
As you examine various communities in our area I encourage you to consider Brookville to call your home.
· The Borough has been recognized by as one of Pennsylvania’s first Main Street Projects.
· Main Street is lined with exquisite historical buildings that showcase a variety of shops.
· Brookville is located approximately 15 miles from Clarion University, Penn State-DuBois campus, Indiana University- Punxsutawney campus, Dubois Business College, and Triangle Technical School.
· Our community is rich in cultural events including local theater, music and festivals.
· The community library sponsors several writing competitions, book signings, meet the author events, and book sales.
· The Brookville YMCA offers family fitness, gymnastics, martial arts, swimming, tap. Ballet, jazz, and a variety of family fun events.
· All of the benefits of Pittsburgh, Erie and Altoona can be reached in less than a two-hour drive.
· Many nature areas are available for access to hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, fishing, boating, swimming, and picnics
CREATE Brookville - Organization highlighting the talents of people in and around the community.